Re: stateful reconnect with snd-usb-audio

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > Yes, but we have a problem when an user remove an hotplug device, if
> > apps do not check the state of file descriptor. After disconnect,
> > read()/write() syscalls return immediately with -ENODEV and poll() with
> > POLLERR | POLLNVAL, thus it should be possible to close the disconnected
> > devices ASAP.
>
> Then such a thing should be implemented in alsa-lib, not in app
> codes.

I'm not sure how alsa-lib can decide if device has been disconnected
permanently or temporary. But if you mean "closing the file descriptor
in the first time when -ENODEV occurs", it makes a lot of sense for
alsa-lib and yes, it should be there.

						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxx>