Republic now half-owner of Hawaiian airline

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090320/BUSINESS/90320021/1003?source=nletter-business

Republic now half-owner of Hawaiian airline
Associated Press

Republic Airways is becoming a 50 percent shareholder of Hawaii-based
Mokulele Airlines in a recapitalization deal that will install new
management at the interisland carrier.

Thursday's announcement said Indianapolis-based Republic will convert
a significant portion of its $8 million loan to Mokulele and invest
additional equity.

"We are very pleased we were able to successfully recapitalize our
airline thanks to Republic Airways," said Mokulele founder Bill Boyer,
who has served as president and CEO. "They've been a terrific partner
and their continued support will allow us to realize our dream of
nurturing and growing our young airline."

Republic Vice President for Strategic Alliances Scott Durgin will
serve as Mokulele's interim president and CEO, with Boyer
concentrating on sales and marketing efforts.

"Republic's investment in Mokulele gives it greater financial strength
and positions it to compete effectively and continue to grow its
expanding base of loyal interisland customers," said Republic CEO
Bryan Bedford.

Just last month, Mokulele managed to make a last-minute $300,000 loan
payment, staving off seizure of its assets and operations by business
partner Republic Airways Holdings Inc.

Had Mokulele defaulted on the $8 million loan, Republic said it would
come in and operate the carrier.

Boyer said at the time that he was working to clear up Mokulele's
financial situation with new capital and investors.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".