WEB EDITION :: Media & Marketing
AirAsia is best Asian low-cost airline
by S. Tamarai Chelvi
Updated: 01:00PM Mon, 13 Oct 2008
newsdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AIRASIA has bagged the Best Asian Low-Cost Carrier award from Asia Pacific=
=E2=80=99s travel news publisher, TTG, for the second time.

The award went to AirAsia after industry stakeholders, including travel age=
nts, tour operators and destination management companies voted for the airl=
ine in a three-month poll conducted by TTG.

AirAsia=E2=80=99s win in the TTG Travel Awards 2008 reflects the airline=E2=
=80=99s vast popularity in the travel industry. The airline had won the sam=
e award in 2005.

"AirAsia received the award for being the low-cost airline providing the be=
st service, network and schedules; for being the most agent-friendly in ter=
ms of reservations, confirmations and for having the most professional sale=
s and marketing teams in terms of innovative ideas, incentive programmes an=
d servicing," said TTG.

AirAsia regional head of commercial Kathleen Tan received the award on beha=
lf of the airline from TTG Asia Media managing director Darren Ng at the TT=
G travel awards ceremony at the Centara Grand and Bangkok Convention Centre=
, in Bangkok recently.

"We are extremely honoured to be named Best Asian Low Cost Carrier by TTG, =
and recognition of our low-cost model by our industry peers," said Tan.

"The aviation industry is going through turbulent times with uncertainties =
of where oil is heading. This is a period where airlines are consolidating,=
 re-thinking strategies and deployment of route network.

"At AirAsia, we placed a huge order of 175 Airbus 320s and 25 Airbus 330=E2=
=80=99s for AirAsia X and we believe there is a silver lining in every clou=
d and are looking forward to have some exciting challenges ahead of us.

"Technology has changed the dynamics of air travel, consumers=E2=80=99 buyi=
ng habits and patterns. With our low fares, we see more families, youths an=
d even companies on incentives travel flying with AirAsia."

"AirAsia has so far flown over 55 million guests and we are certain, our in=
novation through the internet has made travel booking seamless, fast and co=
nvenient to the new generation of travellers, thus accelerating travel dema=
nd and changing travel landscapes."

Tan said the buzz in Asia was even more evident after the Beijing Olympics =
and AirAsia remains committed to make travel effortless with its low fares,=
 allow more people to fly and connect more points to enhance our network an=
d stimulate travel demand, especially for the leisure market.

The AirAsia Group operates an extensive network of over 106 routes and flie=
s to all Asean countries, China and Australia from its six hubs =E2=80=93 K=
uala Lumpur, Johor Baru, Kota Kinabalu, Bangkok, Jakarta and Bali.

=0A=0A=0A

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".