From: The Airline List [mailto:] On Behalf Of Reagan Dupont
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 12:55 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IAH - Jet blows tire during takeoff, lands safely

Source: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5936759.html

Jet blows tire during takeoff, lands safely
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Aug. 11, 2008, 12:28PM

A jet bound for Minneapolis made a successful emergency landing around noon
today after blowing a tire during takeoff from Bush Intercontinental
Airport.

The regional jet aircraft, operated by Northwest Airlines subsidiary Mesaba
Airlines, circled the airport several times so the control tower could
assess the damage from the ground before attempting the landing, said
Houston Airport spokeswoman Marlene McClinton.

Flight No. 3462 passenger Bill Prewitt said he felt a jolt as the aircraft
made its takeoff around 10:45 a.m.

"Apparently, as we were taking off we hit a bump and blew a tire," said
Prewitt, a Houston Chronicle systems administrator who was on his way to set
up for the upcoming Republican National Convention. "When we got airborne,
there was a lot of noise and vibration."

The Canadair Regional Jet 900 typically holds up to 80 passengers.

"We were up for about an hour," Prewitt said. The landing was smooth, he
said, and emergency vehicles were waiting nearby.

"The pilot did a remarkable job," Prewitt said. "There was a pretty good
round of applause after she got it down safely."

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the
following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".