Boston - Small Plane Crash

Source: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17167921/detail.html

Multiple Fatalities Reported In Plane Crash
Plane Crashes At Shopping Plaza

POSTED: 10:32 am EDT August 12, 2008
UPDATED: 11:06 am EDT August 12, 2008

BOSTON -- Multiple fatalities have been reported in a plane crash at an Easton shopping plaza, fire officials said Tuesday.

The crash happened at about 10:20 a.m. Tuesday at the Highlands Plaza near the Hannaford grocery store. The plaza is located off Route 106.

Witnesses said the single-engine plane crashed nose-first into the paved parking lot, and did not hit any buildings or cars.

"People were running in the parking lot like they heard the plane, and they were running before it hit. I don't believe anybody on the ground was hurt," said witness Patty Desgrosseillies, the manager of the nearby Bank of Easton.

Fire officials did not say if the victims were people on board the plane or on the ground. The Federal Aviation Administration said three people were on board the plane.

"All we heard was a loud boom, and we weren't sure if it was the Dumpster out back being emptied or a heavy truck traveling past our building or whatnot," Desgrosseillies said.

The cause of the crash is unknown.

Mansfield Airport is located nearby.

NewsCenter 5 and TheBostonChannel.com will have more details as they are available.

Copyright 2008 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".