Fw: Now Taking Off - TSA's Airport Security Checkpoint of the Future

----- Forwarded Post -----
From: Aviation Daily on Airports
Pu=

=0A=0A=0A----- Forwarded Post -----=0AFrom: Aviation Daily on Airports=0APu=
blished: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 10:21:08 AM=0AHeadline: Now Taking Off - TS=
A's Airport Security Checkpoint of the Future=0A=0A=0A=0AThe Transportation=
 Security Administration (TSA) unveiled a pilot program at Washington Natio=
nal that will test features for the airport security checkpoint of the futu=
re, which I covered in the April 1 issue (subscribers only) of Aviation Dai=
ly.=0AThe actual checkpoint will be installed at Baltimore Washington Thurg=
ood Marshall International Airport (my hometown airport) in the coming week=
s.  You can see what to expect as a passenger here, complete with video.  B=
ut check out all the cool mood lighting -- it's almost like being on a Virg=
in America flight!=0ABut in a nutshell, TSA is taking technologies and prog=
rams that have been successful in the past and putting them in one place, s=
aid spokesman Christopher White.  =93We want to see how it all works togeth=
er when you have behavior detection officers, travel document checkers, mil=
limeter whole body imagers and advanced x-rays in one place,=94 he explaine=
d.  =93We=92ve taken all these things that are operating separately in hund=
reds of airports around the country and put them all together to see how th=
ey operate in one cohesive unit.=94=0AWhile you stand in line, you'll be ab=
le to read profiles of the transportation security officers in your airport=
 (see below).  The idea is to put a human face on the TSOs, and maybe make =
you less likely to scream at them when they are unable to change policies a=
nd regulations.=0A=0AExample of a TSO profile featured while standing in li=
ne=0AAnd when you get to the end of the line, your documents will be checke=
d at a more prefessional-looking podium, designed to process passengers in =
an orderly manner (see below).=0A=0AClick here to listen to my 3:10 minute =
podcast with TSA's Christopher White on more elements of the checkpoint evo=
lution.=0A=0A=0Ahttp://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=3DX3oDMTI3MzdoNGg1BFJfYWlkAwRS=
X2RtbgN0eXBlcGFkLmNvbQRSX2ZpZAM0NjVlYzRjNzM5ZjcyZTc0OTNmNjMyZGQ4NDU2YTA2ZgR=
SX2x0cAMx/SIG=3D129bhf9p3/**http%3A//aviationweek.typepad.com/airports/2008=
/04/now-taking-off.html

If you wish to unsubscribe from the AIRLINE List, please send an E-mail to:
"listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF AIRLINE".