Re: Inaugural JetBlue Flight Lands At O'Hare

----- Original Messag=

This will be the only time it will be ontime.=0A=0A=0A----- Original Messag=
e ----=0AFrom: "Catsn4@xxxxxxx" <Catsn4@xxxxxxx>=0ATo: airline2@yahoogroups=
.com=0ASent: Thursday, January 4, 2007 5:18:17 PM=0ASubject: [Airline] Inau=
gural JetBlue Flight Lands At O'Hare=0A=0A=0AInaugural JetBlue Flight Lands=
 At O'Hare=0AAirline Will Offer Flights From New York, California=0A(CBS) C=
HICAGO JetBlue Airways' inaugural flight to Chicago landed at O'Hare Intern=
ational Airport Thursday.=0A=0AThe low-cost carrier is offering non-stop se=
rvice from O=A2Hare International Airport to John F. Kennedy Airport in New=
 York and Long Beach Airport in California near Los Angeles.=0A=0AThe very =
first flight to O'Hare landed just before 9 a.m., and Mayor Richard M. Dale=
y was standing at the terminal to greet the passengers.=0A=0A"I'm flying wi=
th my two sisters. One has a bad rib, she never felt a thing," one woman sa=
id. "It was amazing."=0A=0A"Thirty-six dollars from New York to Chicago," a=
dded another woman. "It's amazing."=0A=0AMayor Daley said: "I think JetBlue=
 is a fine airline. The customers like it. It's competition, which you need=
."=0A=0AThe airline promises roomy leather seating with a TV on the back of=
 every seat. It is also the only airline to offer 36 channels of free Direc=
TV.=0A=0ABut the discount pricing is likely the major draw. Fares now are o=
nly $39 to New York and $99 to Los Angeles one way, although regular fares =
will range between $90 and $350.=0A=0AThe addition of a discount carrier at=
 O'Hare is already paying off, since other airlines have been forced to red=
uce their fares as a result of JetBlue's competition.=0A=0ANew York-based J=
etBlue said it will offer up to five daily flights to New York and up to tw=
o daily flights to Long Beach.=0A=0AWhen JetBlue chief executive officer an=
d founder David Neeleman announced the airline would be serving O'Hare last=
 October, he landed in a JetBlue plane on a gray, rainy day. But he said: "=
I don't care what the weather's like. We are thrilled to be in Chicago. We'=
d come on any day, any time, just to say we serve this great city."=0A=0ATh=
e carrier has been eyeing the possibility of flights out of Chicago for yea=
rs, preferring O'Hare instead of Midway Airport where low-fare rival Southw=
est Airlines is entrenched.=0A=0AUnited Airlines had opposed its applicatio=
n to serve O'Hare, one of its main hubs. But now both United and American A=
irlines say they welcome the competition, though neither will say if they w=
ill match JetBlue's low fares.=0A=0AJetBlue flies a fleet of Airbus 320 and=
 Embraer 190 aircraft. The six-year-old airline has gained a niche by offer=
ing low prices, a single class of service and such amenities as a personal =
TV screen at every seat.=0A=0AO'Hare will be its 50th destination.=0A=0A"Ch=
icago has consistently ranked No. 1 on our customers' wish list of JetBlue =
destinations for a long time, and we are happy to bring our award-winning s=
ervice to the Second City," Neeleman said in October. =0ACBS 2's Susan Carl=
son and the Associated Press contributed to this report.=0A(=A9 MMVII, CBS =
Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)=0A____________ _________ _________ =
_________ _________ _________ _=0ACheck out the new AOL. Most comprehensive=
 set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-qua=
lity videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.=0A=0A[Non-text por=
tions of this message have been removed]=0A=0A=0A__._,_.___ =0AMessages in =
this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic =0AMessages | Files=
 | Photos | Polls | Members =0A =0AChange settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID r=
equired) =0AChange settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Sw=
itch format to Traditional =0AVisit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use=
 | Unsubscribe Recent Activity=0A 3New Members=0AVisit Your Group =0ASPONSO=
RED LINKS=0AAviation maintenance=0AAviation maintenance training=0AAviation=
 training=0AAviation art=0AAviation maintenance schools=0ANeed traffic?=0AD=
rive customers=0AWith search ads=0Aon Yahoo!=0AY! GeoCities=0AShare Photos=
=0APut your favorite=0Aphotos online.=0AYahoo! Groups=0AStart a group=0Ain =
3 easy steps.=0AConnect with others.. =0A__,_._,___