Re: Tupolev crash

On 16 Nov 2006 at 11:41, Dr. Alastair T. Gardiner wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> The link gives footage of a pretty spectacular crash by a Russian Navy
> Tu-134 after it suffered engine failure on rotation. I didn't pass it on
> when first coming across it as I was certain that many people were killed.
> However, I've since learnt that all 14 crew and passengers got out safely -
> incredible!
>
> What is shocking is the amount of time the rescue services took to get to
> the scene and how ineffective their equipment was!

Lots of scary aspects.  The airplane never seemed to reach takeoff
speed so why didn't the crew abort?  Also, why did it break up like
that?  It looks like it hit the runway lights, which I would not have
thought would have caused such destruction.

Amazed to think the crew and pax escaped tho.

--paul

  Paul S. Russell, just4airlines.com sdn. bhd.
  E-mail: paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    Web:
http://www.just4airlines.com/
  THE Information Resource for Airline/Aviation/Aerospace Personnel
  Ph: +60 3 5510 7063  Fax: +60 3 5510 4249