Fw: Fwd: Letter to the editor

Rog=

View our videos at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=3Dewrw4co=0A =0ARog=
er & Amanda La France=0A=0A=0A=0A----- Forwarded Message ----=0AFrom: "Elca=
nnon68@xxxxxxx" <Elcannon68@xxxxxxx>=0ASent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:=
49:48 AM=0ASubject: Fwd: Letter to the editor=0A=0A=0A'nuff said=0AAn indiv=
idual living somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining=0Aab=
out a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall. When that =0Ai=
ndividual read the response from a The Commanding Officer of the 63rd Fight=
er =0ASquadron @ Luke AFB, it must have stung quite a bit. The complaint:=
=0A"Question of the Day for Luke Air Force Base: Whom do we thankfor the mo=
rning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 a.m., a tightformation of=
 four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuingwest over Be=
ll Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Dothe Tom Crui=
se-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were theytrying to impress t=
he cashiers at Mervyns' early-bird special? Any responsewould be appreciate=
d." The response:Regarding "A wake-up call from Luke's jets" (Letters, Thur=
sday):On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four-ship flyby=
 ofF-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over th=
egrave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officerwho=
 was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed inIraq on M=
ay 30, Memorial Day. At 9 a.m. on June 15, his family and friendsgathered a=
t Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband,son and =
friend.Based on
 the letter writer's recount of the flyby, and because ofthe jet noise,I'm =
sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing oftaps, or my words to =
the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gavethem their son's flag on b=
ehalf of the President of the United States andall those veterans and servi=
cemen and women who un derstand the sacrificesthey have endured. A four-shi=
p flyby is a display of respect the Air Forcepays to those who give their l=
ives in defense of freedom. We areprofessional aviators and take our jobs s=
eriously, and on June 15 what theletter writer witnessed was four officers =
lining up to pay their ultimaterespects.The letter writer asks,"Whom do we =
thank for the morning air show?"The 56th Fighter Wing will call for you, an=
d forward your thanks to thewidow and parents of Capt. Fresques, for it was=
 in their honor that my pilots=0Aflew the most honorable formation of their=
 lives.=0A =0A =0A     Lt. Col. Scott Pleus=0A     CO 63rd Fighter Squadron=
=0A     Luke Air Force Base, Arizona