SFGate: Boeing Extends Air Show Lead Over Airbus

=20
This article was sent to you by someone who found it on SFGate.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=3D/n/a/2006/07/19/financial/=
f055415D42.DTL
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 (AP)
Boeing Extends Air Show Lead Over Airbus

   (07-19) 05:54 PDT FARNBOROUGH, England (AP) --

   Boeing Co. extended its lead over European rival Airbus Wednesday, with
orders for 14 of its passenger and cargo planes.

   Boeing said that plane leasing company International Lease Finance Corp.
has exercised an option to buy 10 planes: six 737-800s; two 777-300ERs and
two 787 Dreamliners. The deal is worth around $1.2 billion at list prices.

   "These airplanes reflect our confidence in the market going forward and
our commitment to Boeing and its product line," said ILFC Chief Executive
Steven F. Udvar-Hazy.

   ILFC was the first leasing company to be announced as a Dreamliner
customer.

   "As our largest leasing customer, ILFC has great influence on the market
and we appreciate its affirmation of our product line," said John Feren,
Chicago-based Boeing's vice president of leasing and asset management.

   Deliveries of the 737s and the 777s will begin in the first quarter of
2009 and deliveries of the 787s will begin in early 2012.

   Boeing also announced a nonbinding agreement to sell Indian cargo airline
Flyington Freighters four 777 freighters. Boeing said that deal was
subject to the carrier obtaining the necessary statutory clearances.

   The new deals added to Boeing's order book at the Farnborough
International Airshow, one of the biggest events on the aviation calendar,
as Airbus struggled to keep up.

   Airbus said Wednesday that its corporate jetliner arm has won a new order
from an undisclosed European customer, taking firm orders of the company's
executive and private aircraft in 2006 to a record 14.

   Airbus did not disclose which of its corporate jets was ordered or its
-------
Copyright 2006 AP