From: blaine@xxxxxxxx
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 8:55 PM
Subject: SoCal Problems

  Air traffic center outage disrupts Southern California flights

LOS ANGELES (AP) =E2=80=94 A power outage at the Los Angeles Air Route Traff=
ic=20
Control Center Tuesday cut communications and brought incoming and=20
outgoing flights in Southern California to a standstill, a Federal=20
Aviation Administration spokesman said.

=E2=80=9CWe lost everything, we lost all power to phone lines, computers,=20
everything,=E2=80=9D said Allen Kenitzer, a regional spokesman for the FAA.

The outage was reported around 6 p.m., Kenitzer said, and the cause was=20
not known.

The center is located in the High Desert near Palmdale.
Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM=
. All on demand. Always Free.