SoCal Problems

  Air traffic center outage disrupts Southern California flights

LOS ANGELES (AP) ? A power outage at the Los Angeles Air Route Traffic
Control Center Tuesday cut communications and brought incoming and
outgoing flights in Southern California to a standstill, a Federal
Aviation Administration spokesman said.

?We lost everything, we lost all power to phone lines, computers,
everything,? said Allen Kenitzer, a regional spokesman for the FAA.

The outage was reported around 6 p.m., Kenitzer said, and the cause was
not known.

The center is located in the High Desert near Palmdale.