Re: SFGate: Airbus Retires Oldest Model of Airliner

The news article just said "the first Airbus jet and the world's
first wide-bodied airliner" -- it didn't mention the number of engines.

I'll fondly remember my only two A310 flights, CDG-JFK and JFK-SFO,
on Pan Am, on the same day in September 1990. We were in the first
row of coach, with plenty of room, and they were great flights. The
"stubby" A310 reminded me of the 747SP.

I've never been on an A300, and probably won't get a chance, since
they are vanishing quickly from passenger service.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx