Re: DL reward travel question

Tyler Munoz wrote:
> I'm trying to book a flight on DL or a SkyTeam airline for August in
> first class. I was informed by the DL representative that they no longer
> offer first class award travel on any SkyTeam airline, but I didn't ever
> receive any notice of this and I have never heard anyone else mention
> it. Does anyone know if this is the new policy and why it was changed?
> Thanks in advance!

Call back, and hope you get a competent agent.  Not that that's very
likely.  Delta still offers first class awards on SkyTeam:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_miles/award_upgrade_mileage/delta_multi_airline_awards/index.jsp

Though you might want to try booking online, since they'll charge an
extra $10 to do an award reservation over the phone.  My parents tried
booking award tickets online, my mother's went through but my father's
did not, and the web site said to call.  The agent completed the
reservation, but something was up when the amount they said they were
charging was $10 more than the web site had charged (they had to pay
some taxes as it was an international ticket).  We asked for a
supervisor who issued the credit as they're not supposed to charge the
extra $10 when the call center has to complete a failed online booking,
but the agent didn't know that.

However, you can only book Delta/Delta Connection/Song operated flights
online, not SkyTeam.

--
David Mueller / SAN
dsm717@xxxxxxxxx