DL reward travel question

I'm trying to book a flight on DL or a SkyTeam airline for August in
first class. I was informed by the DL representative that they no longer
offer first class award travel on any SkyTeam airline, but I didn't ever
receive any notice of this and I have never heard anyone else mention
it. Does anyone know if this is the new policy and why it was changed?
Thanks in advance!