Re: Jet forced into emergency landing

Mike (and list),

   Cardiff is the capital of Wales.  It's in the South, perhaps the locals like to say "South East".

   Until recently, BA actually was overhauling 747's at Cardiff, even though they don't fly there.  There is a lot of maintenance work going on for BA there, to wit:

   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_east/4511874.stm

   I can clearly recall a BA 747 at the hangar dwarfing all the little Piper, Cessna and V tailed Bonanzas around it back about the first overhaul scheme (for the second BA 747 batch) in 1980.  Even saw a Caravelle that day :-).  Then, there was that Dan-Air Viscount that took the WHOLE runway to land on a little old flight from Jersey ... but, I digress :-) ...

   Cardiff is also a GREAT place for train and bus spotting, especially if you like older vehicle types!

At 08:15 PM 12/29/2005, Michael Burris wrote:
>Geert:
>
>Thanks for the message.  Quite an rare event.  But it
>is also a rare thing to see you posting on AIRLINE.
>(Of course, it is your list! ;-) )
>
>Nice seeing you again.  BTW, where is Cardiff?
>
>Mike Burris
>Cambridge, Mass
>

>--- Geert Marien <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/4564430.stm
>>
>> Two Events in 24 hours - 2 Pax & 17 Crew!

<snip>