Re: FOXNEWS ALERT / Fuel Dumping

Fuel dumping usually has no effect on the ground. The fuel atomizes =20
(breaks up into small particles) immediately upon release, and =20
vaporizes (becomes a gas dissolved in the air) very quickly after =20
that. It then disperses with wind currents.  Fuel dumping is required =20=

to be done at or above 2000 feet except in emergencies.

The regulations can be found at:   http://www.faa.gov/ATpubs/ATC/Chp9/=20=

atc0905.html
A good article can be found at: http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/=20
planes/q0245b.shtml