Re: New York-Area Airports Little Affected By Transit Strike

Travel / AIRLINE:

What is their starting salary?  Where can I find any
online info?

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Mass

'considering a job change! ' LOL

--- Travel Pages <travelpages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> strike, calling such a
> > scenario a "distinct possibility." >>
> >
> > It can get cold in the NYC prison system this time
> of year.
> >
> > Michael Burris wrote:
> > AIRLINE:
> >
> > This strike might also mean a short-term spike in
> gas
> > consumption. But, I don't think it will last to
> > Christmas day.
> >
> > Mike Burris
> > Cambridge, Mass
> >

> > --- Roger LaFrance wrote:
> >
> > > New York-Area Airports Little Affected By
> Transit
> > > Strike
> > > Tuesday December 20, 2:50 PM EST
> > >
> > > It was business as usual at New York City-area
> > > airports Tuesday despite the inconvenience of a
> > > transit strike. Airlines reported that business
> > > and leisure travelers hadn't changed their
> travel
> > > plans because of the strike. Local airline and
> > > airport workers, who had made contingency travel
>
> > > plans when a strike was threatened last week,
> > > generally had no trouble getting to the
> airports.
> > > More than 100,000 airport workers at New York's
> John
> > > F. Kennedy International and LaGuardia Airport
> as
> > > well as Newark Liberty International Airport in
> New
> > > Jersey, successfully shared rides to get to
> their
> > > jobs. But spokesman Marc Lavorgna of the Port
> > > Authority of New York and New Jersey, which
> oversees
> > > the airports, said one concern remains. "With so
>
> > > many people driving, airport parking could be a
> > > problem later in the week, when more passengers
> are
> > > traveling" for the holidays, he said.
> > > if ((typeof tag336_1) == "function")
> > > { tag336_1();
> > > } else { if (typeof(site)
> > > == "undefined" & typeof(moAdData) !=
> "undefined")
> > > site = moAdData.site;
> > > window.name="parentwin";
> > > randomNum = Math.round(Math.random() *
> > > 10000000000) + 0; target
> > > = "/site=" + moAdData.site + "/area=" +
> > > moAdData.area + "/aamsz=336x280";
> > > if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Netscape") >
> > > -1 || (navigator.appName.indexOf("Internet
> > > Explorer") > -1 & parseInt(navigator.appVersion)
> >=
> > > 4)) {
> > > document.write(""); }
> > > else {
> > > document.write("");
> > > document.write("
> > > "); }
> > > } =6;} else
> > > if(navigator.userAgent &
> > >
> navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie")>=0
>
> > > & (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows 95")>=0
> > > navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows 98")>=0 ||
> > > navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows NT")>=0))
> > > {document.writeln('');document.writeln('on error

next');document.writeln('plugin=(IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.Shockwave

> > Flash.6")))');document.writeln('');}
> > > var

pr_redir='http://c4.excite.com/adclick/CID=00016b94c3ee6fed00000000/AREA=MONEY/S

ITE=Excite/AAMSZ=336x280/CM=32045/CR=17758/AD=288/CC=93076/ACB_RANDOM=2101638431

> > ?/relocate=$CTURL$';
> > > var pr_redir_def='~'; var pr_bust=Math.random();
>
> > > var pr_pos='';
> if(typeof(prInst)=='undefined'){var
> > > prInst=1}else{prInst++}
> > > if(!plugin){pr_pos='&pos=g'} var

prs="ads.PointRoll.com/PRServe/?ad=023S632005102819719"+pr_pos+"&pub=excite&num=

"+prInst+"&size=336_280&code=no&hide=~&redir="+pr_redir+"&defredir="+pr_redir_de

> > f+"&bu="+pr_bust+"&r="+Math.random();
> > > document.write(""); //--> on error resume
> > > next

plugin=(IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))

=== message truncated ===