Re: SFGate: Emirates Airlines to Buy 42 Boeing 777s

Right BAHA,

But I haven't seen too many travel posters ever saying
something like "Visit Romantic/Historic/Beautiful
Bahrain".

Of course it has a lot of O&D traffic, As far as
Discretionary/Leisure travelers go, "D" people wanting
short-haul in there from Saudi Arabia or other Arab
countries just to have a drink and come to a somewhat
less oppressive Arab State. "O" Long-Haul, people
wanting to get out and see something other than Sand
and Skyscrapers and oppressive desert heat. Regarding
Business travel O and D one word:  OIL.

This part of the world I have never been to, but have
always been fascinated about, I welcome other
listmembers to correct me on my assumptions, and
welcome their observations.

Yes, I wouild like to go there, just to see the
Airport, all the modern stuff, the new hotels, etc.,
but I haven't won the lottery (big-time) yet, and I
certainly would have no reason to stay more than a day
or so. I am sure that it is a great place to live, if
you can get a job there pulling down big Arab
PetrolBucks to comfort you, but I don't think I could
make it as a ragman t-shirt peddler. Even Charles
might be spread thin unless he had a whopping
contract.

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA

http://mail.yahoo.com