AcuWings : 5 - City of Renton : 0

I wasn't in the meeting today due to my IT gig in Idaho but both my attorney
and my wife broke the news tonight that City of Renton and its council
members approved the operating permit for AcuWings LLC to operate a flight
school in Renton Municipal Airport.

After thousands of dollars spent on legal fees, two complaint letters to FAA
Seattle Flight Standards District Office, calls to AOPA and after 9 months
since the initial application to the permit, we got it!

According to my wife the Mayor of Renton had a fit because of the approval
and she complained that "a flight school" was not among the businesses that
City wanted to see. Other council members commented that denying an
operating permit based on the fact that City prefers a certain type of
business would be in violation of the federal grant agreements that city
signed with FAA the operating permit was voted unanimously.

Baha Acuner
www.AcuWings.com
Fan of teaching Renton a lesson or two :)