Jet Blue incident - foam?

Hi all,

A different angle on the JetBlue LAX incident ...

If a plane is about to land with it's nosewheel perpendicular to the normal
direction, then its pretty obvious that there is going to be lots of sparks
flying about. So my question is, don't airports foam up runways any longer?
Fortunately this time there was no fire but a foamed runway would (I would
have thought) have reduced the likelihood of any fire even further. So why
didn't they put a layer on the rw - any opinions?

Regards to all,

Alastair

***************************************
Dr. Alastair T. Gardiner

Microbial Photosynthesis Lab 217
Division of Biochemistry & Mol. Biol.
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences
Davidson Building
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QQ
Scotland

Tel. (+44) 141 330 6449
Fax. (+44) 141 330 4620
E-mail. atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.gla.ac.uk/ibls/BMB/rjc/agardiner.html
http://www.e-mep.org

Have a look at my airliner photography at
http://airliners.net/search/photo.search?emailsearch=atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx