Re: jet Blue incident

Oh come on David, isn't this getting tired?  I mean, I take this as a
personal insult.  B6 wont get sued (though, if this is the result of their contracted
MX, B6 might sue).  Also, there are whole firms that specialize in aviation
law, so that "craphead" would know something on the subject even if someone
decided to sue.  Finally, the reason they didn't continue is because they wanted
to have a controlled situation in which to land, as opposed to be forced into
an emergency somewhere for some other reason AND had to deal with the gear.
Imagine that a flap went bad and they had to land at flaps 15 instead of 30 (I
am using 737 numbers, but you get the point)?  That would have meant a faster
than normal, not a slower than normal landing, and ending up off a runway
somewhere.  Get off your cynical high horse and just be happy that the two
remarkable ladies on the flight deck landed that plane the way they did

In a message dated 9/22/2005 12:37:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,