Re: NW-DL poss bankruptcy

Baha,

My point is simply that SWA's is a domestic service business model that
has been proven to work, in good and bad economic times, over three
business cycles since deregulation, and that has recently, rapidly
expanded into the vacuum created by network carriers' domestic network
retrenchment.

Using that business model, SWA or others may at some point extend to
international markets, transborder being the first most likely.

No, SWA is not (nor are other point-to-point operators) "all things to
all people", nor have they ever claimed to be

Sadly, the ubiquity that network carriers like to say they provide has
been proven over multiple business cycles to do little but consume or
extinguish capital.

There is hope, however, in that network carriers have begun to adapt to
the realities of the changed market, "no gouging" included.  Whether
some (UAL included) have enough time and money in hand to complete their
transformation and reform balance sheets during the balance of this
business cycle is an open question.  Barring that, few will have or be
able to develop sufficient liquidity to traverse the next economic trough.

- Bob, fan of airline business models that work, on behalf of airline
clients, industry employees and investors

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280

This e-mail is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it
in error, please notify the above sender immediately then delete
the original e-mail.  Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.