Re: Low Fares?

First, I also bitch about the high gas prices in the US.  Reason?  Our
economy is not set up for it as much of the country relies on self transport.  Air
taxes are not as much of an issue as they are not as integral a part of our day
to day life (regardless of what airplane nuts like us may think).

Remember, $10 on each round trip is a security fee imposed by the federal
government to pay for the cost of the TSA, a user paid fee, an organization that
was screamed for by the right wing in the US after September 11th and one that
really has done nothing to improve security.  PFCs have been around for years
and they are charged by airports as a way of raising income so they can pay
for improvements.  Other taxes are normal and would be charged if you were
buying almost anything

In a message dated 6/27/2005 9:18:35 PM Central Daylight Time,