Re: Northwest To Stop Supplying Magazines To Save $565,000 ?

Fuel burn impact and associated savings due to tare weight reduction has
been going on at least back to the early 1980's fuel crisis.

When passengers learn of the decision to eliminate magazines, then
decide to bring their own magazines onboard, I'll bet more replacement
weight of "personal IFE" is boarded than is saved by the magazines'
initial removal.

- Bob Mann

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280

This e-mail is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it
in error, please notify the above sender immediately then delete
the original e-mail.  Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.