Re: Air Canada's heavy purchase

It will depend on where the 777s fit into the scheme of things.  If they
become the new flagships of AC's fleet (and I think they would because I
remember reading somewhere that they seat more people than the A340) then the
pilots with the most seniority will get first crack at them and they can
potentially bump people down the line onto smaller aircraft.  My boss is a
retired AC captain and when they got rid of the 747s, he got first crack at
the A340 because it was now the largest plane in Air Canada's fleet.  Some
A340/330 guys got bumped down to the 767 to make room for the 747 guys, etc.

New hires would depend on how many new aircraft they acquire in relation to
how many old ones they retire.

Mark