From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Bahadir Acuner
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 16:47
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Airline Pilot's Pay

www.airlinepilotpay.com

First year F/O makes $48/hr .. Assuming he/she flies 1000 hrs which is the
max limit, then he/she will bring home 48,000 + 2,000(per diem) = 50,000
before taxes.Usually airlines have min. hours per month that they pay to
their pilots.  I don't know what's the case for WN but in regionals is about
65 to 80.

80 hrs per month is 960 hrs per year which is accurate.

Also remember that a regular 9-5 job is about 2,000 hrs /year. So when you
are calculating pilot salaries the pay you have to consider is hourly pay/2.

Last but not least a buddy of mine started in Great Lakes last week. He is
getting 15/hr. Assuming he is going to get 1000 hrs in a year (which he
won't) he will get paid less than minimum wage for the job.

Hpe this helps..

=====