Re: Can anyone help out?

On 14 Feb 2005 at 10:11, Bryant Petitt wrote:

> A railfan friend in California wrote me this...(snip)
> ===========================
>
> I've been collecting railroadiana again, and have
> stumbled onto some airline stuff that I've picked up
> along the way...specifically, the much-guarded
> validator dies. I have many rr ones but, as you know,
> finding the airline ones is a bit tougher.
>
> I currently have Eastern Airlines, Caracas; Altair
> Airlines, Philadelphia; Hughes Air West, Salt Lake
> City; and the most unusual (and least valuable) TCAA,
> St. Louis. I'm told TCAA stood for Transcontinental
> Airlines Agency, a sort of Priceline of the 1960s that
> resold empty airline seats. Know anything about it?

The only Google response I got was:

http://www.calclassic.com/dc6b.htm
(a flight sim page)

"Great Lakes Airlines was one of three other supplemental carriers
authorized by the Civil Aeronautics Board to operated passenger and
freight air service to almost any cities of their choosing. The four
carriers operated under the name of Trans Continental Airlines Agency in
the 1950's and 60's serving Miami-New York-Detroit-Chicago-Burbank-
Oakland and Honolulu."