Re: LA airport opens 'cell phone waiting lot' for passenger pick-ups

On 21 Dec 2004 at 20:24, Mike Tobin wrote:

>   The airport has opened a free cellphone waiting lot, about a
> two-minute drive from baggage claim. It's located on South 170th
> Street  in front of Doug Fox Parking.

The airport used to give 30 minutes free parking in the garage as a
means to cut down on the traffic on the drives.  Then, they cancelled
it, citing reduced parking revenue as a reason.

30 minutes now costs $2 in the garage, so I understand why everyone
wants to just circle around.

>From today's paper it seems that the new light rail system, which was
supposed to only get about 1.5 miles away from the airport, is now
going "to the airport".  Just that the station will be 1000 ft from
the terminal.  Passengers are supposed to walk that distance on
"covered walkways". Yeah, I want to schelp my bags a fifth of a mile
outdoors.

Sea-Tac just can't seem to get a clear picture of what it wants to
do, facility-wise, IMO.  Don't get me started on the terminal.