FW: Baha FYI

Allan,
believe me I am fighting this thing with everything I
have. I have been in constant touch with AOPA on this,
they are already working hard on this issue.
Unfortunately at this day and age , you are guilty
until proven innocent, you are wrong until you prove
that the other party is wrong. And if the other party
is US government, then forget about it.

You would be surprised how many people in Europe have
FAA certificates. There are even sone N number (read
US registered) aircraft that fly in Europe. There are
many people who got their certificates in US, went
back to Europe and once in a while come over to rent
airplanes in this aviation friendly country.

When I was working as a full time CFI, there was a
Swiss guy who rented a C172 and put 40 hrs in it in a
week.

Then there is this German couple who come to Renton
every summer and rent the airplanes to go to So Cal ,
etc.

Now they will have to get fingerprinted, approved by
TSA, etc. etc. etc. Do you think they will come back?

There are many more reasons why this rule is wrong. I
am tired of listing them.. It's so stupid. Then again,
in their mind , everything goes.. :(