Re: [Sky-1] I gotta question

My experience is with general aviation aircraft where you don't order engine
separately from the manufacturer of the airframe even though they are made
by completely different companies. Few years ago there was a major problem
with Lycoming 540 engine crank shafts and the FAA issued an AD
(Airworthiness Directive) that made the compliance mandatory. (If you don't
comply, your aircraft becomes not airworthy). In this case Lycoming solve
the problem by picking up the tab, because of the production fault.

In your case, since the engine manufacturer is different than Boeing, I
would think (my speculation) that the engine manufacturer has the warranty
to fix the problem.

I guess you can always ferry that aircraft to PAE, her birthplace, and take
care of the engine mounting in there.

I will keep my eye open for her during my trips to PAE.

BAHA

Fan of living in Boeing country even though they claim to be a Chicago based
company.. pfff

  _____