From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Matthew Montano
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 1:21 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: United "Upgrades" at Easy Check-In

Either United has been doing it all along, or it's new.

Used the Easy-Check-In kiosk for my Tuesday before Thanksgiving
afternoon flight from Dallas through Chicago to Vancouver.

It offered me a first class upgrade from Chicago to Vancouver for the
bargain basement price of $220USD. Neat!

Additionally, the the security line up at DFW was the SHORTEST I've
ever seen it, and the plane seat-map shows only about half full.

For the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I'm rather shocked how empty the
airport and my flight actually is.

Better check the calendar.

Matthew