AIRCRAFT PARKING LOTS...

After seeing  parts of the Mojave airport , California,  near route 14 and
US 58 in the video of Rutan's work, There are very many parked aircraft
located there. It puts me to mind about the old  George  AFB near
Victorville.  I saw some pictures shot fron above and on the ground of all
the old civil aircraft parked there.  Are we going to see more and more of
the aircraft belonging to the banckedruped airlines sitting in both places?
Are there other airports used as storage parking lots in Cal. and Nev.?
Also,   Was Mojave a military base in the 50s and 60s?  Thanks in advance,
Bob

BOB FLETCHER
US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
MILITARY DESIGN SECTION