Re: Industry Changes

I think CO is a good example of a legacy carrier that is treating its employees decently, offering good fares and keeping up service with things like meals on longer (and I mean over 2 hours) flights and the like.  They have a seat-mile cost around that of WN according to recent measurements, mostly because they do things in house.  They do their own catering (decent too) and keep their costs way down.  A cool enough concept that I have Onepass now and am considering going elite on them next year (as I fly a lot more now).

<<I don't think service/food alone is going to save UA, AA or DL. Yes
people want good service, but they want it cheaply too. If UA, AA, and
DL can't find a way to do that, they are going to continue to have hard
times. I suspect that most people don't care that they don't get the bad
airline food anymore. I for one am not about to choose what airline I
fly based on whether or not they serve food. I think BAHA, you are the
exception to the rule here.>>