Re: fifth freedom rights sure are interesting

Actually Air Canada YVR-HNL isn't 5th freedom but Air Canada HNL-SYD is.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark
Panitz
Sent: September 6, 2004 9:20 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: fifth freedom rights sure are interesting

those fifth freedom rights sure are interesting its a good way to sample a
foreign carrier and not have to travel to that foreign country like some
Examples already given

Lax- LHR via Air New Zealand
YVR to HNL via Air Canada
YVR to JFK on CX
(I also remember one time when Cathy pacific had flights YVR to SFO) and as
we know now Lax-YYZ via EL AL

if you are wondering why I asked this question my niece just flew off to Tel
Aviv on that EL AL flight from lax, daydreaming about taking the same flight
but only to Toronto and return...