Re: Fwd: American Airlines To Implement Ticket Service Fee

Grant McKenzie wrote:

> You say tomato, I say tomaato.  Whether it's a DISCOUNT or a MARK UP, both
> types of airlines are letting you pay less if you book online. The LCCs are
> being smarter because they're spinning it differently but if it walks like
> a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

I agree.  Though at least when JetBlue does it, the published fare is
what you get over the phone, when you book on the web site, it shows
both the regular as well as the discounted web fare.

The way Northwest and American are doing it, the published fare does not
include the additional fee that you will pay for booking over the phone
or at the ticket counter.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx