Fwd: American Airlines To Implement Ticket Service Fee

--part1_d6.13bf072a.2e69df14_boundary

Don't they already charge for fares at ticket counters by charging massive
walk up fares?  I wonder why WN and B6 don't have to do this?

--part1_d6.13bf072a.2e69df14_boundary

Dear Alireza Alivandivafa,

Thank you for your business.  To help us continue to offer high value and ef=
fectively compete in a fiercely competitive marketplace, American Airlines a=
nd American Eagle(R) will implement a $5 service fee for those tickets purch=
ased via our U.S. reservations centers and a $10 fee for tickets purchased a=
t U.S. airport locations.  There is no booking fee for self-booking and tick=
eting on AA.com(R). =20

Effective Monday, September 6, 2004, the non-refundable fee will apply per t=
icket, whether it is one-way or roundtrip, and also will apply to tickets re=
deemed as AAdvantage(R) program awards. =20

These steps are necessary to ensure that we can compete effectively in a mar=
ketplace where charging fees for personalized, value-added services is becom=
ing a common practice.   Low-cost carriers often charge a fee on tickets iss=
ued with the help of their reservations center or airport staff. =20

We appreciate your business and your continuing loyalty to American Airlines=
.

Sincerely,

Dan Garton
Executive Vice President - Marketing=20

=20

*****************************************************************   =20

This marketing material has been sent to DEMOCRAT2N@xxxxxxx=20

This mailing is being sent to AAdvantage members who currently subscribe to=20=
AAirmail(SM) and AAdvantage eSummary. American Airlines respects your privac=
y and will use your information only to keep you better informed. We do not=20=
sell your personal information to anyone outside of American Airlines.=20

Update "My Account"=20

Remember to update "My Account" on AA.com to ensure you receive information=20=
and updates relevant to you. To update the "My Account" section on AA.com, v=
isit <A HREF=3D"http://info.aa.com/Key=3D42079.Wv5Z.C.FDc8MG";>http://www.aa.=
com/myaccount</A>=20

Unsubscribe Information=20

If you would like to unsubscribe to any American Airlines email product,plea=
se visit: <A HREF=3D"http://info.aa.com/Key=3D42079.Wv5Z.D.MgK082";>http://ww=
w.aa.com/email</A> or reply to us and type "Unsubscribe" in the subject line=
.

This is a post-only email. Please do not reply to this message unless you ar=
e unsubscribing. For all inquiries, visit <A HREF=3D"http://info.aa.com/Key=
=3D42079.Wv5Z.F.DXTMdg">http://www.aa.com/contactaa</A> or send an email to=20=
webmaster@xxxxxxx

We may also be reached by writing to us at the following address:
American Airlines
14770 Trinity Boulevard
MD 2400
Fort Worth, Texas 76155=20

Copyright Information=20

This email message and its contents are copyrighted and are proprietary prod=
ucts of American Airlines, Inc. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or trans=
fer of this message or its contents, in any medium, is strictly prohibited.=20

American Airlines, American Eagle(R), AmericanConnection(R), AAdvantage, AAi=
rmail, AA.com and Net SAAver Fares(R) are marks of American Airlines, Inc. A=
merican Eagle is American's regional airline affiliate.AmericanConnection se=
rvice is operated by Trans States Airlines,Inc., Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.,=20=
or Corporate Airlines, Inc., each of which operates as an independent contra=
ctor. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program=20=
at any time without notice and to end the AAdvantage program with six months=
 notice. Schedules, equipment and destinations are subject to change without=
 notice. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit <A HREF=
=3D"http://info.aa.com/Key=3D42079.Wv5Z.G.DwJmBx";>http://www.aa.com/aadvanta=
ge</A>

64.2518796-42079@xxxxxxxxxxx></font>

--part1_d6.13bf072a.2e69df14_boundary--