Re: any airline fly from the West coast to Russia?

The Alaska service to the Russian Far East was done (at one point) with
727-200 Advanced.  My  girlfriend at the time took a routing of
LAX-SEA-ANC-GDX-VVO with her dad who lived in L.A -- this was summer of
'95, I think.   It was a summer-only route; they didn't do it in the
winter at all, and apparently they liked having that 3rd engine as an
added measure of safety.   VVO is a long-time port, big city, major
airport, full services.  No range problems; ANC-GDX is about 2000
miles, GDX-VVO much shorter, and the official (commercial) range of the
-200 Advanced is 2800 miles.

GDX = Magadan
VVO = Vladivostok

--