Re: el al flights from Lax to Tel Aviv

I've been on El Al several times, and service was, well, OK, and the
planes were in good shape and neither overcrowded nor lacking in normal
amenities.  Seat pitch was approximately equal to economy on European
airlines' holiday/leisure services.  The food was OK considering it has
to be kosher, thus limiting a lot of options; it was better than on
most US domestic services, but not as good as on typical EU or Asian
carriers.

The flight attendants were pleasant, but seemed more like the usual run
of American carriers' FAs, or those on LH or BA - that is, efficient
and to the point. And they seem to speak every language of the world!
One FA was particularly nice to my then 80-year old father, who had
misplaced his blood-sugar testing kit (it was in his checked luggage by
mistake) and they actually had one in the plane's medical kit, as well
as insulin and glucose, and were very gracious about getting it for
him. Then, of course, there's El Al security, which is a subject of its
own.  :-)

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx