Re: SFGate: Airline executives warned to ease flight delays at O'Hare in Chicago

Well we're losing perspective on my comment.  Based on my past experiences
the Mayor of Chicago doesnot want to lose the jobs and income tax revenue
from the O'Hare Airport.  Power point he is the only Mayor I know of that
had closed an airport (Meigs) defying the FAA and the law and not repaid the
US Government for all airport improvements spent by the FAA in the past
twenty years.  The agreement signed considers Meigs, Midway and O'Hare
improvements as one.  Anytime they accepted Airport Improvement Program
(AIP) or CAP that programs replacement they agreed to repay all that money
and the past twenty years improvements.

Based once again on my past experiences the airlines would not even consider
another airport without O'Hare being closed.

Then there are the NIMBY folks.

Al