Re: The new United service (United P.S)

At 11:17 AM 8/3/2004, you wrote:
>Michael,
>The flights will be all 757s. I think the phase out of 762s will be all
>gradual. I put Nov 16th and 24th and got more 757s then you did. Remember
>that these 757s will be in 3 class configuration with completely new
>rewiring for the seats as the laptop powers will be 110V instead of the
>empowers (which sucks if you ask me).
>
>BAHA

110v outlets? Really? Wowzers. Yeah, look at that, it is on
the webpage. I thought the FAA and NTSB were pretty
hostile to 110V outlets for passengers.  It is a *lot* more
exciting when a 110V outlet gets shorted out than a 12V
one, and you can cause a lot more trouble with 110
than you can with 12. But... I'm certainly no fan of the
12V outlets or their adapters. I've had more bits of broken
plastic and mucked up hardware in my various airplane power
adapters than any other bit of computer hardware I travel
with. Not to mention the need to carry an almost utterly useless
chunk of adapter around, so I can use it during my flights.

- David