Re: Anyone have a translation for this story

There's nothing in the original French-language story that says the metal strip
did not come from the CO DC-10. I'm now sure where people are getting that. The
article says absolutely nothing about this NOT being from the CO DC-10. On the
contrary, the clear inference is that it was from the CO DC-10; the only thing
discussed is that the strip was made of, not where it came from.

My read is that: it came from the CO DC-10; however, it was not the original
strip that a DC-10 would normally have had, but a replacement bit made of
titanium. This mattered, as a titanium strip could puncture the tyres, whereas
whatever the original strip was made of would probably not have.

Best regards,
Stefano