Re: Ryanair to Eliminate Checked Baggage

> Bloomberg reports that Ryanair plans to eliminate checked baggage in a bid
> to reduce costs by as much as £5 ($9.26) a passenger.
>
> According to the report, the airline will encourage people to buy more
items
> at their destination rather than bring them with them.
>
> Ryanair Chief Executive Michael O'Leary told Bloomberg. "With the savings
> you make on our fares, you can afford to buy your hairdryers and things
when
> you get there."

How about Ryanair keeping a stock of hairdryers and such for loaners at
destinations?  The trashbins are going to fill up pretty fast at airports!

I agree that he's really encouraging people to fly with somebody else.

Gerry
http://www.pbase.com/gfoley9999/
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/aerial/aerial.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley