THY fleet reorganization

I got some word about the new upcoming order of THY with the fleet
reorganization. Here are the details:

7 x 340s - They stay in the fleet indefinitely
5 x A330s - I don't know the models, but my speculation is they are going to
be the -300 model.

16 x A321 - These are going to be used in replacing the former A310s and the
current ones in the fleet. They will be used in routes where larger pax
demand is required.

19 x A320 - Replacing B737-400s

20 x 737-800s - They will be used to add more 738s to the fleet.

The airline is still in talks with Boeing, Airbus and Embraer for the short
haul 100 seater order. Airbus demonstrated the A318s and Boeing showcased
the B717.

It is interesting to see 738 and Airbus narrow body in the order together. I
know that there are airlines using 737s and Airbus narrow bodies but these
are the ones using old generation 737s and new Airbus family. Lufthansa,
United, America West come to mind...

There is no word on engine selection but it would make sense to have CFMs on
Airbus aircraft to have a commonality with 737 fleet.

BAHA
Fan of my first 717 trip last week.
Fan of F class in United 777s.