Re: Hawaiian Airlines trustee booted from flight

In a message dated 6/27/04 11:08:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I assume there's some sort of labour dispute going on, and the pilot
> and the trustee are on opposite sides.
>
> Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye, but personally I think the
> pilot should be fired forthwith.  It's unprofessional to not be able to
> perform one's duties as pilot because of personal dislike of a
> passenger.  He should find another line of work where little snitty

Amen!

Any possible difference of opinion over business policy has nothing to do
with the pilot's ability to fly the aircraft safely, in the usual manner. On the
basis of the little information known, the pilot's decision to request that
the executive disembark from the flight indicates bad judgment and/or a level of
immaturity.

Leave negotiating to the authorized parties. This guy needs to be grounded
for x amount of time - w/o pay - for a bogus/unauthorized work action; just as
he interrupted the planned work schedule of the rejected trustee.

Mike
SFO