Re: ORD reconfig

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 3:30pm, Matthew Montano wrote:
> I think ATL is one of the only airports that has essentially (up until
> the recent fifth runway) gotten smaller. ATL went from a intersecting
> runway config to four parallel runways. And I do believe some old
> runways are now taxi ways (the north middle taxi-way I believe.)

LAX used to have a north-south runway approcimately where the Tom
Bradley International Terminal is today.

SAN used to have a STOL runway that intersected at a diagonal with the
current runway; it ran  approximately from the intersection of Laurel St
& Harbor Dr to the cargo ramp.

--
David Mueller / HNL
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx