Re: SFGate: Virgin to buy Airbus airplanes/Branson names carrier; executive lineup announced

Further detail on that from a personal experience:
My application of registration for my airplane was turned down by FAA today
for some stupid reason. The law says that if an aircraft is registered in
the US by a company, the LLC (limited liability company) has to be owned 75%
by a US citizen. Our company has 75% interested owned by my wife (a US
citizen) and 25% by me, who is a Turkish citizen with a residency in the US.

Now, the reason they rejected our application is because the law states that
"2/3rds of the owners should be US citizens". The way the supervisor
interpreted this is the fact that we need to have another person who is a US
citizen.

On top of that I was told that even if I hold the 25% share of the company I
cannot be a manager on the paper.. Hmm, let's see I will be running the
company but I cannot be a manager.. That's nice to know..

On the other hand, as a US resident I can register the entire aircraft under
my name. If I wanted to even operate it under the company , I can even lease
it back to the company as an individual.. but in this day and age of finding
an excuse to kick people out of the country, do you think that would be a
wise solution? Hmmm...

It's even hard to be a legal alien..

BAHA
I don't know why I am so stupid to love aviation this much..