Virgin America order and patriotism

Ok, despite all the respect I have for Bob, "Buy American damn it" attitude
is just wrong.. America claims to be the free trade leader of the world, but
the people who claim to be hard core republicans carry the most
protectionist business ideas in the world.

Why buy Airbus? Hmm.. let's see JetBlue is an American company, they already
have 60 A320s and they converted 30 more options to firm options. Frontier
had 732 and 733s but when they went to Boeing the company didn't care about
them much.. Now Frontier enjoys higher utilization, greater range with the
A319 and 318s compared to their 733s. Airbus gave them a great package. Ask
to people who dealt with that order.

You can claim all you want about Airbus selling their aircraft cheaper than
what they produce. First of Airbus is owned by EADS which is a public
company. Go to http://www.finance.eads.net/ehomepag.php and do some
research.

Second, Boeing is moving more and more production to outside of US. So, if
you are saying "Buy American" what are you going to do when Boeing will
produce close to half of 7E7 in China and Japan and other countries?

Third, I love Airbus 320 family better than 737 family. It is roomier (it
makes sense when you are fatso like me), it is more comfortable (less
noisy); my pilot friends like it (have some flying 737-800 A320 and A321);
and it is much modern design than 737.

Lastly, I would never buy an American car. I am not into trucks, but in
terms of cars they are lower quality and they break often. Loved my Honda,
and love my Suzuki.

BAHA
Fan of buying whatever make sense