Re: SFGate: Virgin to buy Airbus airplanes/Branson names carrier; executive lineup announced

Good to see such protectionism (in the finest tradions of that buffoon
Bush) is alive and well over there.

At 14:53 16/06/04 +0000, you wrote:
>Not only buy American but be owned by an American.  I don't think an
airline in the USA should be owned by a foreigner, at least not voting stock.

>David R
>

>> The fact that this action by Richard Branson to buy Airbus instead of
Boeing
>> is totally wrong; whether it was Boeing or Lockheed or any other American
>> company or not, the fact that Branson has hurt an AMERICAN COMPANY.  Our
>> people should BUY  AMERICAN .   It is just WRONG to go outside your own
>> country and purchase someone's else's products,  We have , I think, the
best
>> production companies in the world !  Oh yes, I realize the "out the door"
>> price can sometimes dictate where you obtain your requirement, the fact
that
>> this has put fully productive people out of work and many will end up on
the
>> dole.  That is one reason I bought my Ford as verses a foreign
car/truck.  I
>> believe in American made products and the folks that work in our factories!
>> They are AMERICAN workers and deserve to be building for the USA !    I am
>> not speaking for any unions, I was a union member years ago,  This has
>> nothing to do with this as I see it.   I hope this idiot feels good for the
>> damage he has done !        Got it off my chest!!!!!!!!!!

***************************************
Dr. Alastair T. Gardiner

Microbial Photosynthesis Lab 217
Division of Biochemistry & Mol. Biol.
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences
Davidson Building
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QQ
Scotland

Tel. (+44) 141 330 6449
Fax. (+44) 141 330 4620
E-mail. atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.gla.ac.uk/ibls/BMB/rjc/agardiner.html

Have a look at my airliner photography at

http://airliners.net/search/photo.search?emailsearch=atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx