RAF VC-10 at MSP!

This morning, while I was out jogging, I saw a VC-10 (presumably Royal Air
Force, since it was in an all grey scheme) on approach to Minneapolis. There is
an Air National Guard base on the east side of MSP, but this is the first time
I've seen a VC-10 using MSP. Does anyone know what this aircraft was doing
here?

OT, just as soon as I finished watching the VC-10 pass overhead, I saw
another very rare bird, but one that was much more colourful, and much quieter - a
scarlet tananger - the first time I've seen one of these birds in Minnesota.
All in all, a jog to remember!

Joe Wolf
-- fan of both rare birds powered by jet fuel and rare birds powered by
birdseed!